Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Living Joyfully: A lesson from my dog

There are days when I am not as grateful as I should be.  There are days that I feel resentful.  Sometimes I find myself wishing I had more (time, money, unnecessary stuff).  Then I look at my dog, Langston.  I think I could learn a few things from him.

Toys are great.

Squeaky mouse.

Dagron!!

Dino-rawr!


But people are better.

Langston with Damian, the night we brought him home.

Langston with me, the night we brought him home.

Much more recently, accepting pats from Damian and tolerating Julian playing with his collar.


The little things in life can be the most fun.

A net float he found on the beach.  A.K.A. "The Best Toy Ever."

A stick, a.k.a "The Best Toy Ever."

Play stops being play when you call it exercise.  Run for joy!

Running!
Running with a friend!

Have faith, and trust your friends.  Try new things, even if they are a little scary.

The steep slope was scary, but he did it because we did.

He was willing to scramble up the clay bluff so he could come with us.

Just because God didn't give you wings, doesn't mean you shouldn't try to fly (at least a little bit).

Taking off!

Keeping your feet firmly planted on the ground is clearly overrated.

It's okay to look silly.  The people who matter don't care.

Slobber eyebrow.

Someone walked in tar and had to wear socks for a while.


Why?  Why the bandana?

Sharing is a good thing.

Langston shares his toys with Julian.

Julian shares his snacks with Langston.

Don't bully those who are smaller than you.  No one wants to be friends with a bully.

Langston plays nicely with Finn and Julian.

Feeling grumpy?  Take a nap.

A nap fixes a lot of things.

It doesn't really matter where you're going, so long as you have good company.

Going to the beach?  Going to the vet?  Who cares!  I get to go!

Walking with his friend, Silver.

Being part of a family is THE BEST!

Langston's first beach vacation.

Stay joyful, my friends.




Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment