Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013

'Tis the season for resolutions, though any day can be a new start if you choose to make it so.  My biggest goal for 2013 is a continuation of a goal I set for myself when my son was born.  I will strive to be the sort of person my son can be proud of, and I will lead by example and be the sort of person I wish my son to be.  I will be patient, kind, creative, fun, compassionate, faithful, and generous.  No problem, right?

It's a big goal, but I have someone around all the time to hold me accountable:

He's got his eye on me.

I have a few smaller goals for 2013, as well. 

I want to learn to sew my own clothing.  And I will not give up on myself when it's not perfect the first try.

I will grow a larger quantity and greater variety of produce in my garden this summer.  I will stay on top of harvesting and preserving it, and if I don't have time for preservation, I will at least bring my produce to the local food shelf so it does not go to waste.

The garden, summer 2011.

When I get stressed, or anxious, or angry, I will remember what actually matters and chill out. 


(This matters.)

Happy New Year, everyone.


Preach it, Jean-Luc!

No comments:

Post a Comment