Monday, June 6, 2011

My Cast of Characters

There are certain mammals in my life who I talk about more than others.  I think now is as good a time to introduce you as any.

At the Oregon Coast

Damian, a.k.a "The Hubbs."  This is a shot of the two of us on vacation last year.  I tried to find a photo just of him, but most of those look something like this:


You can see why we get along so well.


Damian is a very smart lab-type guy who deals with blood all day.  I try very hard to understand his answer when I ask how his day at work was.  He is very tolerant of my mood swings and whims, and never fails to make fun of me when I start taking myself too seriously.  All around, a pretty good catch, if you want my opinion!

Next up are the furry members of our little family.


Luci is Damian's cat.  He has had her for almost 11 years, since she was an itty bitty kitten.  She is at least as dumb as she is pretty, but she is also a very sweet girl.  One good thing about her developmental delay is that she is very playful for being an older cat.  She divides her time between being lovey and hating everyone (or at least our other cat and dog).  She is a calico, after all.


Obie is my cat.  I adopted him when he was three years old (and 20 pounds) and he is about eight years old (and more like 12 pounds) now.  Obie is both the most lovable and most frustrating cat I have ever met.  One minute he's snuggled under your chin purring up a storm, the next he's trying to rape Luci.  When Luci is too fast for him, he just hauls my clothing out of the hamper and drags it around the house to hump.  Obie will eat anything that might be food or that may have come in contact with food at some point.  Many tupperwares and a few gaskets from our garbage disposal have met their end from Obie.


Langston (a.k.a. Langston Huge, Dummy, or Buddy) is our three and a half year old Great Dane.  We got him from a rescue when he was about a year old.  He was found as a stray in Duluth in the middle of winter.  He can be a complete spaz, but is also a very good boy.


Last but not least is Baby Jo, a.k.a the Squid Baby.  Baby Jo is scheduled to arrive near the end of August.  At that point I should be able to provide some photos that don't look quite so much like a creepy alien.

No comments:

Post a Comment